Black Axe Clan Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Axe Clan Guild Forums

Forums for the World of Warcraft Guild Black Axe Clan on thunderlord

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carol

This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz Empty
PostSubject: This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz   This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:36 am

Folks, this website is dead, and I don't mean Forsaken type still walking around pretending to be alive dead but DEAD. Not nearly enough going on.

So I'd like to do something about that. And to peak everyone's interest, I'm going to involve money gold.

I'm thinking of putting up a short quiz every week or so (this is me, so it's not going to be formal or rigidly scheduled, I'm a casual quizzer, not hardcore) with the following prizes:

First - 100 gold - first person to IM me with the correct answers to all questions
Second - 75 gold - second person to IM me with the correct answers to all questions
Third - 50 gold - third person to IM me with the correct answers to all questions

You will obviously need to tell me which character to send the gold to in your IM.

What sort of questions?

Well, they have to be WoW related, obviously. They also need to be something anyone could find, so it won't be "Who was a member of BAC on July 16, 2008" or anything like that. They can be questions of Lore, about WoW geography, short puzzles (if X and Y then how long until Z), and so forth.

If no one gets all the answers correct no one wins that week and I keep my money. Razz

As this will eventually make for a lot of questions, I am also will to pay for NEW questions. In fact, I will pay you 10 gold for every question I use, and even give you credit for them at time of use. You will, of course, need to supply the correct answer as well, and in some cases provide source locations.

The quiz is still in development
, but I am curious to see how it takes for ANYONE to notice this post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amberlee

PostSubject: Re: This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz   This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:44 am

Well i see it and you didnt even have it up that long lol. My guess is you will have the same few people week after week so i guess those people will get rich off of you tee hee.

Nah i like how you are trying to be more proactive Carol its really awesome that you care so much about the guild Razz
Back to top Go down
carol

PostSubject: Re: This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz   This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:43 am

OK, here's the first quiz, 10 Questions. The game runs until next Friday, July 15, or until we get win, place, and show.

1) What is Thrall's Orc name?
2) What is the original planet of origin for the races now known as the Eredar, Dranei, Broken Ones, Lost Ones and Man'ari?
3) In their own lanuage of Taur-ahe, what is the name of the Tauren race?
4) Racial Leaders like Sylvannas, Thrall, Gorrosh Hellscream, the Bloodhoofs, etc. are well known. Who is the leader of the Blood Elves?
5) What is the theoretical minimum number of days required to complete both achievements “A Bunch of Lunch” and “Gone Fishin'”?
6) Which Horde race has the most available classes?
7) Christie Golden is the author of Arthas: Rise of the Lich King and The Shattering. What two earlier WoW novels did she write?
8) Name the two classes NOT available to Blood Elves
9) In the beta version of vanilla WoW the Tauren did not have mounts. What ability did they have instead?
10) Three different fishing poles gives a +30 boost to fishing. Name them.
Back to top Go down
Bashina

Bashina

PostSubject: Re: This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz   This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:39 am

20 ish views so will be interesting to see how many submissions you get Carol, I'll get mine in this lunchtime probably. I've not been able to get on-line to check but it might be worth getting an advert in the Guild Message of the Day or maybe even some financial/item support from the Guild Bank??

I must admit i check the site several times a day whilst bored at work as i click through my anti boredom favorites folder so it's nice to see something pop up.

Bash
Back to top Go down
carol

PostSubject: Re: This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz   This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:56 am

Bashina wrote:
20 ish views so will be interesting to see how many submissions you get Carol, I'll get mine in this lunchtime probably. I've not been able to get on-line to check but it might be worth getting an advert in the Guild Message of the Day or maybe even some financial/item support from the Guild Bank??
Seeing as I have almost as much gold myself as the guild bank does, support would be nice but is really completely unnecessary. Thought it might be a way of helping out those who seem chronically broke, or just want some additional gold. Still, it's an idea.

The GMotD ad is also an idea - maybe someone should suggest it. Oh, wait... Smile

Although if people feel it's too long, or the questions too hard/obscure it would be nice to have some feedback on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz   This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Website Needs More Life - a.k.a. Carol's Little Quiz
Page 1 of 1