Black Axe Clan Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Axe Clan Guild Forums

Forums for the World of Warcraft Guild Black Axe Clan on thunderlord

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My computer blew up...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
carol

My computer blew up... Empty
PostSubject: My computer blew up...   My computer blew up... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Some of you may be aware that I was playing WoW on a 12 year old computer. Well, earlier this week it gave up the ghost - dead power supply AND dead motherboard. Dead, dead, dead.

How am I posting this, you ask? Back up machine. Which is finally working. It wasn't in great shape, either.

So I have internet. Yay! Downside? This computer can't handle WoW So I will be on line but off WoW until I can upgrade. Given my precarious finances this might be days, weeks... months... The Other Half is trying to find some way to get us the needed parts to upgrade sufficiently to not only play now but also play Cataclysm. Someone gave us a spare video card but we haven't figured out how to make it play nice with the other parts in the box.

Well, hope to be back soon - but if I 'm not, you know why.
Back to top Go down
carol

PostSubject: Re: My computer blew up...   My computer blew up... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Yep, I'm still off-line when it comes to WoW. We have the new video card on order, which should make this computer WoW-compatible, but it won't arrive until Friday or Monday. Then it needs to be installed and yadda yadda yadda. So... hoping to be back in a week or so. Would have been faster, but rent and food come before WoW. Yes, I know that's heresy, but I play better when I'm not passing out from hunger and thirst, go figger. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carol

PostSubject: Re: My computer blew up...   My computer blew up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:59 am

It's me again - we are crafting a new computer, but obtaining mats, as so often is the case is a headache without piles of cash on hand (I'm only rich in WoW, in real life I'm poor). Our new video card is supposed to arrive tomorrow and it should be compatible with WoW, but it ain't certain 'til it happens.

Hope to be back soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My computer blew up...   My computer blew up... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My computer blew up...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Axe Clan Guild Forums :: World of Real Life :: Hey! How YOU doin'?-
Jump to: