Black Axe Clan Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Axe Clan Guild Forums

Forums for the World of Warcraft Guild Black Axe Clan on thunderlord

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 am

Hey guys - here is some updated info for today's patch:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/23/patch-4-0-3a-whats-in-the-shattering-whats-not/#continued

Also, if the game is as buggy as I think it will be, we will not be raiding tonight. If we have 10 suitable raiders on we will be trying 10-man heroic LK. If we have >20 suitable guildies on we will be trying 25 LK.
Since Thursday is Thanksgiving (in the US - no offense Brits/Canucks), we probably will NOT be raiding Thursday night.

I would absolutely propose to do some raiding Wednsday / Friday. I have a prot / holy Pallie that has never seen ICC, and a bad dps DK that has not seen it either, if anybody wants an alt run!
Back to top Go down
https://blackaxeclan.forumotion.com
carol

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 am

Noooooooooooooo!

Most of my toons are stuck in Dalaran! >gasp< I missed all the pre-Cat elemental invasion! >sob< I missed holidays! I NEED MY FIX!!!! NOW!

:::runs down hallway screaming:::

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

:::falls down, foaming at the mouth:::

:::twitch::::

:::twitch::::

Well, at least I remember where the zepplins are - that will take care of the "stuck in Dalaran" problem. On a more mundane (and calmer) note - are the portals between Shat and the old world going away, too?

Hope things aren't too buggy to raid - have fun, guys.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 am

#1 - Portals are gone. If, like me, you fell asleep you weren't able to get your toons out of Dalaran, then you've got a bit of a walk in front of you. Of course, warlocks might be able to help you there unless you're a mage, in that case, screw you. Also, druids, don't forget you have a teleport to Moonglade.

#2 - druids, priests, pallies and somebody else has had there Talents reset . . . again

#3 - the new opening cinematic is SICK!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://blackaxeclan.forumotion.com
Bashina

Bashina

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:18 am

Selling ports from Dal to all major cities 100g (doubled for magephobic guild leaders)

Razz

In other news... the patch notes are out http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/23/patch-4-0-3a-the-shattering-patch-notes/
Back to top Go down
Bashina

Bashina

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:57 am

Two words... WHOOP WHOOP!

"Mysterious Egg now takes only 3 days to turn into a Cracked Egg and has a slightly greater chance of awarding the Reins of the Green Proto-Drake."
Back to top Go down
carol

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Hey, what happens to toons left in awkward places Like, for instance, if you left a Horde toon in the inn at Camp T, or an Alliance toon in Southshore? Or a toon on the "floor" of Thousand Needles?

I'd actually meant to try that with one or two of my alts, but alas, I didn't know my computer was going to blow up....
Back to top Go down
Bashina

Bashina

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Servers aren't up yet (as of 1900h GMT) but i was under the impression that everyone just got hearthed to wherever their stone was linked to. Would be cool to find peoples alts under the ground with archeology though!
Back to top Go down
carol

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 pm

So... what happens if a Horde has a hearthstone set to Camp T or an Alliance has one set to Southshore? Presumably those inns have been destroyed.

Anyone been on yet? Do you just sign on and there are changes, or is there a cinematic or something so you see all hell break loose?

I wonder if there have been any changes to the Ghostlands?
Back to top Go down
Bashina

Bashina

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:10 am

Turns out you get shunted to your nearest GY. When you log in you get the cinematic they showed at blizzcon and are then left to explore for yourself. I've taken to rolling my 80 back Deathknell to and playing through what i can as if i was a fresh level 1, there's plenty of content even if you're already a loremaster... Should be heading into Silverpine Forest tonight where i hear there's an OMGLORE moment!

I'n not sure about the Ghostlands, i've only been to Winterspring briefly and Tirisfall Glades. Just wait till you see Orgrimar though, it's incredible! Check out the wowhead guide to the shattering, it details all the changes to each zone, geographically and storywise, just from the small part i've played there are some nice homages to the old starting area with familiar faces popping up in different situations.

I bet that computer can't come quick enough now!

Hope to see you in game soon!

Bash
Back to top Go down
carol

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:46 pm

So... anyone in the guild find out the hard way about what happened to Gamon? I understand a number of people were.... very surprised.

While I can't get into Azeroth at the moment, I've been browsing screenshots. Which just makes me salivate more.

Also noted that Southshore was NOT destroyed by a tidal wave, and that there is now ocean view property available in Gadgetzan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a   Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-Cataclysm Events - 4.0.3a
Page 1 of 1